Chinese has actually been consuming alcohol tea for about 4,000 years. In addition to firewood, rice, oil, salt, sauce, and vinegar, the Chinese considered tea as one of the seven needs to start a day.
Kinds of Tea
The Chinese tea may be categorized right into five kinds according to the different methods through which it is processed. Here are the classifications:
– Green Tea– is the range which maintains the initial shade of the tea leaves without fermentation during handling.
– Black Tea– This is called “red Chinese tea”, the kind which is fermented prior to baking. Keep in mind likewise that black tea is a later variety developed on the basis of the green tea.
– Wulong Tea– Likewise known as Oolong Chinese tea, this group represents a variety half means in between the environment-friendly as well as the black teas. This is being made after partial fermentation.
– Compressed Tea– is the type of Chinese tea which is compressed as well as solidified into a certain shape. Many people considered this as good for transport and storage as well as are mostly provided to the ethnic minorities living in the border locations of the nation.
– Scented Tea– This sort of Chinese tea is known as “perfumed” due to the fact that it is made by mixing fragrant blossoms in the tea leaves during processing. The flowers that are typically utilized for this function include the jasmine and also magnolia, among others.
The Tea Production
Chinese has actually kept that a new tea plant must grow for five years before its fallen leaves can be selected. The trunk of the old plant have to after that be cut off to compel new stems to outgrow the origins in the list below year. This type of rehab should be repeated as this enables the tea plant to offer for about a hundred years.
The season of tea selecting generally depends upon the local climate as well as it differs from area to location. As you all understand, China is the homeland of tea. It has tea hedges as very early as five to 6 thousand years earlier, and also human cultivation of these plants dates back two thousand years. Today, it was reported that tea is produced in large areas of China from Hainan Island down in the severe south to Shandong Province in the north, from Tibet in the southwest to Taiwan throughout the Straits. To sum up, the Chinese tea expands at more than 20 districts.
On the shores of West Lake in Hangzhou, where the well-known eco-friendly tea Longjing originates from, it was reported that the picking begin with the end of March as well as lasts through October. A knowledgeable lady picker can just gather 600 grams of these environment-friendly tea leaves in a day.
After the harvest, the new leaves must be parched in tea cauldrons. As necessary, this work has now been greatly mechanized, although the top quality Longjing tea still needs to be stir-parched by hand, doing just 250 grams every half hr. Then, the tea cauldrons are warmed electrically to a temperature of concerning 25 level centigrade or 74 degree Fahrenheit. It after that takes 4 pounds of fresh Chinese tea entrusts to create one pound of parched Chinese tea.
For the processes of grinding, parching, rolling, shaping and drying, different kinds of devices have been created and also developed. This work turned out about 100 kgs of finished Chinese tea an hour, eliminating the workers from much of their grind.